Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pumpkin Ale

I picked up this beer in the late summer at my friend Hammer's 21st birthday party. I had ever had a pumpkin beer before but had seen them around during the fall so I thought I'd give it a try.

The Pumpkin Ale is from Saranac Breweries, in upstate NY, a brewery I unfortunately do not know that much about but like most craft brewers, that seem pretty awesome. A quick glance over their website and I noticed that sponsor a ton of different events every year and even have a blog. Reppin' the web!


Year: 2011
ABV: 5.4%
From: 12oz bottle (chilled), and poured

DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: very thick white foam, small bubbles
COLOUR: matte brown (close to a dark amber)

SMELL: slight hint of roasted hops

TASTE:
(initial) slightly hoppy
(body) lighter bodied beer
(aftertaste) slight taste of cloves


No comments:

Post a Comment