Friday, July 8, 2011

Double Bastard Ale

Double Bastard Ale is a from the line of "Bastard Ales" from Stone Brewing Company out of San Diego, CA. Regardless of how their beers taste (they could be absolute shite–they're not–but they could be) and I would still recommend purchasing a bottle or too because the bottles are hilarious to read. The first one I picked up (during last summer) was the Arrogant Bastard Ale and I couldn't stop showing people the bottle because it was too funny.

Unfortunately Though I remember quite enjoying the Arrogant Bastard Ale, The Double Bastard wasn't one of my favourites, so I probably wouldn't drink it again (too aromatic)—but I would definitely give it as a gift to a friend.


Year: 2010
ABV: 11.2%
From: 22oz bottle (chilled), and poured

DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: very light tan colour almost creamy
COLOUR: deep red (like red oak) opaque, but you can still see the glint of light from the bottom of the glass

SMELL: slightly sweet scent of hops with a slight floral bouquet

TASTE:
(initial) floral notes mixed with the bitterness of the hops plant and a hints of chocolate
(body) it has a full body and the flavour really blossoms in the mouth
(aftertaste) the floral notes linger mixed with slight acidic bitterness that grows over time

No comments:

Post a Comment