Friday, August 5, 2011

Brooklyn Brown Ale

Over the summer, while living in one of (if not my favourite cities: New York) I had to take a trip down to my favourite brewery, the eponymous* Brooklyn Brewery, in Williamsburg. While there I had went on their free tour, which while not really taking you through the brewery is still pretty awesome and I definitely recommend it. The history of the brewery is incredibly fascinating but that is for another post, and another time.

The reason why I bring all this up though, is because while I was there I took it upon myself to sample one their beers (even though it was just after 10:00am). Though they had a huge variety of taps available, including limited release brews only ever sold in the brewery itself such as the brewmaster's reserves, but I decided to go with the relatively conventional Brown Ale. Not much else to say actually, like all of their beers that I've sampled, it's a great brew, and if your a fan of more medium bodied beers, I definitely check it out.

*just go with me, yeah?


Year: 2011
ABV: 5.6%
From: On Draft, and poured into plastic cup

DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: very small, light tan bubbles, creamy
COLOUR: warm medium brown, translucent

SMELL: light hoppy taste, hints of fruitness

TASTE:
(initial) hoppy, slightly fruity
(body) medium body
(aftertaste) sweet taste


No comments:

Post a Comment