Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale


As I have mentioned before (Double Bastard) I am a big fan of Stone Brewing Co. Arrogant Bastard line of ales. Their packing and marketing is fantastic, and I had never been disappointed with the witticisms on their bottles. I also really liked the original Arrogant Bastard Ale and so I feel obliged to try all of it's various iterations.

This is why I ended up in the position I am right now, drinking the Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale, even though I am congested and have a flight that leaves in like 4 hours. I picked this up a few days ago at the awesome DnQ Mini Markt (check out my post here) but unfortunately have not had occasion to drink it yet and since I will be leaving this location for at least 6 months, I felt I would do a disservice to myself, if I didn't try it before I went.

Anyway, as it is, I am not sure how helpful this review will be—I don't particularly like it (a bit too aromatic for me) but I also have a sleep-deprivation head ache, and am super congested, so I dunno, but here is my best shot.

DSC_0064ed

ABV: 7.2%
SERVE: 330ml bottle poured into a Nonic Pint Glass

COLOUR: Medium Brown, red-amber tint
AROMA: slight oak, hoppy
HEAD: Small rise, light beige

TASTE:
(initial) hoppy
(mouthfeel) spicy, bitter, nice body
(after) intense wood finish

VERDICT: get back to later, when I am in a better state to taste and think clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment