Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fully Updated And Moving Forward

I know I posted last week that I had fully back posted and brought everything up to scratch with my beer blog for 2011. Unfortunately that was not entire true, as I had a few reviews on my netbook that was not in possession at the time. Additionally, I had a few beers to double check the names of, etcetera, etcetera. Anyway, those are all now fully completed and the final tally of 2011 is 74-76 beers (74 are listed either in reviews or here).

That said, the main reason I wanted to write this post is to mention some exciting new things going forward. First of all, this blog will be changing it's focus specifically from beer reviews to beer-related things in general. I started this blog a little over a year ago to teach myself how to think about beer and I've had a blast, but that has also become a bit dry (no pun intended) for me. In the last few days of 2011, I wrote one post about buying/drinking beer and I had a blast writing that, and so I think that is a direction I will be trying to explore more in the coming months.

Additionally, I am well aware of how boring straight text is and I was planning on having photographs to accompany my beer reviews for the past few months. The worst part is that I even took that photographs, just due to technical difficulties (okay, I'll come clean, laziness) I never posted them. Then, when I finally got together enough gumption to do it, my pro flickr account (where I host my photos) was suspended because I forgot to pay my bill. Anyway, henceforth, there will be photos to accompany all my posts, which will hopefully add some spice to my otherwise, kind of staid blog.

Finally, I will be trying to get my site more out there on the intarwebs. As such, I will now be posting new entries to my tumblr and maybe rolling out some other stuff soon too. I won't be, however, doing "Adsense" or any monetization at the moment, so don't worry about that.

p.s.

thanks for reading,
Danley

No comments:

Post a Comment