Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beers of the Year 2011

Over the course of 2011, my first year of being able to drink legally in the United States, I took it upon myself to take full advantage of my new (re)found freedoms and decided to drink a lot of beer. Below is a list of the beers that I drank but did not review over the past year. It should be noted that it is not an exhaustive list, but pretty damn close (give or take five beers I think).

Anyway this is mostly for my own OCD-ness in recording things, but enjoy

USA
(generic)
Miller: High Life
Pabst: Blue Ribbon

(California)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

(Illinois)
Goose Island: Pepe Nero*

(Michigan)
Bell's: Third Coast Old Ale
Bell's: Oberon Ale

(Massachusetts)
Sam Adams: Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Sam Adams: Bonfire Rauchbier
Sam Adams: Octoberfest
Sam Adams: Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams: Irish Red

(New York)
Brooklyn Brewery: Local 1
Brooklyn Brewery: Brooklyn Summer Ale
Brooklyn Brewery: Brooklyn Pilsner
Brooklyn Brewery: Brooklyn Pennant Ale
Brooklyn Brewery: Brooklyn Lager

(Ohio)
Great Lakes Brewery: Dortmunder Gold
Great Lakes Brewery: Christmas Ale
Great Lakes Brewery: Eliot Ness

(Texas)
Ranger Creek: Oatmeal Pale
Saint Arnold: Brown Ale
Saint Arnold: Centenni-Ale (Blonde)
Southern Star: Buried Hatchet Strong Stout
512: Pecan Porter

(Washington)
Fish Brewing: Leavenworth Black Lager
Rogue: Morimoto Soba Ale
Rogue: Dead Guy Ale

CANADA
Big Rock Brewery: Traditional Ale
Big Rock Brewery: Rock Creek Dry Cider
Labatt Blue
Okanagen Spring Brewery: 1516
Okanagen Spring Brewery: Black Lager
Phillips Beer: Longboat Chocolate Porter

CZECH REPUBLIC
Pilsner Urqiel

GERMANY
Spaten: Premium Lager

IRELAND
Killian's Irish Red
Guinness: Draft (in UK)
Guinness: Draught
Guinness: Foreign Extra

UNITED KINGDOM
Newcastle: Brown Ale
Wells Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smith: Oatmeal Stout
Samuel Smith: Imperial Porter

JAPAN
Sapporo Brewery: Sapporo Premium


...and beers I tried, but couldn't bring myself to finish
Dos Equis
Budweiser
Natural (Natty) Ice
Some non-alcoholic beer that I can't remember but I couldn't get past one sip

*This beer was phenomenal and I can't say enough about it. Unfortunately I lost the review that I wrote and it is really difficult beer to get a hold of so, check it out here, and then go out and buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment