Tuesday, December 20, 2011

AfterDark

During winter, for the past few years, I have been wintering with my family in a small ski resort called Kicking Horse. Located in British Columbia in Canada, the powder skiing is phenomenal. The biggest problem is that the alcohol is super expense because of high taxes and then it has to trucked out to the middle of nowhere.

Even so, I did manage to score a couple of beers for relaxing in the evening, and this was one of them AfterDark, by the Nelson Brewing Company. What intrigued me about this beer was that is claimed to be Organic (something I later found out is a defining characteristic of all of Nelson's brews). My big complaint about this beer was that I was tricked by it's name and colour into thinking it was a stout or a lager, when it is actually just a brown ale. Free of that prejudice, it is a decent enough beer, and if you are an organophille, it is definitely worth checking out.


Year: 2011
ABV:5.0%
From: 12oz bottle (chilled), and poured into plastic cup

DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: thin, light tan, dissipated very quickly
COLOUR: very dark, black, opaque

SMELL: very sweet, slightly hoppy smell; like the foam, the smell also dissipated very quickly

TASTE:
(initial) slightly oak-ey, sweet, chocolate-ly taste
(body) medium body
(aftertaste) very little


No comments:

Post a Comment