Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bow Bugger Amber Ale

On my last full day in Canada this year, I ended up heading to this great new craft beer hotspot in Calgary called Beer Revolution. With fantastic specials like $2 bavarian pretzels on Tuesdays, and $4 truffle fries on Wednesday as well as tapping a cask every Friday! In addition their food (though it is a bit pricey and pretty limited) it is really phenomenal and if I live in Calgary, I would definitely be here at least once a week.

I went on a Wednesday, so in addition to getting cheap truffle fries, their home brews were $1 off, and so I grabbed me a 12 oz pour of Beer Revolution Bow Bugger Amber Ale. As a beer, it wasn't anything fantastic but, since I knew that it was made less then 30ft away from me and because I was having such a great time, I would definitely drink it again.

Year: 2011
ABV: 5.4%
From: On Draft, and poured


DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: creamy, beige head, medium size
COLOUR: dark amber, translucent

SMELL: hoppy

TASTE:
(initial) initally hoppy
(body) good body, hops mellows out into a sweet rich taste
(aftertaste) slightly bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment