Friday, August 19, 2011

Real Ale Brewhouse Brown Ale


I noticed beer in the fridge a parent's house when I went to visit after returning from my time abroad in the City (see NYC). The bottles (see here) have a very simple unpretentious, hand drawn pictures on their label, which I think is  definitely reflective of the company and a beer a whole. The Brewhouse Brown isn't the most complex flavour trip you are going to go on, but I don't think it has to be.

verdict: check it out.

Year: 2011
ABV: 5.4%
From: half pint poured from bottle

DRINKING NOTES:
FOAM: khaki coloured foam – very slight, dissipated very quickly
COLOUR: chocolate brown

SMELL: deep roasted, burnt hops, slightly nutty

TASTE:
(initial) roasted hoppy taste, dry with hints of coffee
(body) medium body
(aftertaste) slightly acidic


No comments:

Post a Comment