Monday, June 11, 2012

Paradox Smokehead (Cask)

Brewdog
Paradox Smokehead

There are few things that I always seem to order when I am presented with a long list of beers, and they are 1) Cask Ales 2) Interesting Named Beers and 3) Beers with intensely visual descriptors of they flavour. When I returned back to Houston to visit my family and we headed out to the phenomenal Hay Merchant, this beer checked all of my tics.

Now, before I continue, It should be noted that I am not a whiskey drinker--I am working on it, but haven't gained the taste yet--and that definitely coloured my experience with the beer.

(Specs) ABV 10%


Colour: Dark Brown
Aroma: Smoky
Head: Off white cream

Inital Taste: no initial taste
Mouthfeel: medium body, intensely peaty
Aftertaste: very smoky aftertaste

Verdict: I couldn't finish this beer, because of the overwhelming taste of smoke and peat. I can imagine that if you like whiskey, and you like it chock full of smoke, this could be a beer you fall in love with, but if you don't I'd recommend you try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment