Friday, May 20, 2011

Lindemans Kriek

INFO:
Lindemans Kriek (or Kriek Lindemans) is a lambic from Belgium. If you don't know what that means, bascially it is a wheat beer that has fruit added and is naturally fermented - often giving it a more wine or champagne style taste than a specific beer (it also doesn't taste like crap, as many 'flavoured' beers in the USofA taste like because of the low quality esters used to impart taste). Lindemans Kriek was introduced to me by one of my friends when I was at this crazy awesome bar in Belgium, and so when I moved I was ecstatic t find that a lot of stores in the United States stock it.

Though it is pretty pricey as a niche import, I still probably count it as one of those beers I am always recommending to people; especially if they are not beer drinkers.


Year: 2010
ABV: 4.0%
From: 12oz bottle (chilled), and poured

DRINKING NOTES:
COLOUR: full, deep red
FOAM: light pink

SMELL: sweet cherry, red wine

TASTE:
(initial) slightly sweet, cherry flavour
(body) continuation of previous taste, slight taste/heavyness of hops
(aftertaste) slightly sour

No comments:

Post a Comment